The Dubai government has allowed non-Muslim couples to get a legal marriage within 24 hours as part of a new federal decree law. Here’s everything we know so far about Dubai’s 24-hour marriage service.
The Dubai government has worked hard to improve government services for both residents and citizens. Their most recent actions will allow a non-Muslim couple to acquire their marriage certificate in a single day. To be qualified, you must fulfill the 24-hour marriage service in Dubai requirements.
The following are on the list:
- Both applicants cannot be Muslims.
- At least one applicant must be a resident of Dubai.
- The minimum age limit is 21 years.
- An embassy-attested marital status should affirm the applicants’ present single status.
- Applicants must either be present on the day of the appointment or send a representative with a power of attorney.
- Original identity as well as any electronic paperwork in PDF format are required.
- A copy of their Dubai residency permit, an Emirates ID, and an original passport must be presented.
- All papers must be properly translated into Arabic by a UAE Ministry of Justice-approved agency and completely validated by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation.
If both applicants fulfill these 24-hour marriage service in Dubai requirements, the process would be simple.
As previously stated, the process is pretty straightforward. Here’s what you should do.
- Visit the Dubai Courts service centre.
- Fill in a digital form.
- An employee will verify consent from both applicants.
- An electronic signature is taken from the applicants.
- A judge will review the document to ensure all legal requirements are met.
- The judge will sign the document, and it will be approved electronically.
- The applicant will receive it via email.
24 hour wedding service Dubai prices are AED 482, which includes a service charge of AED 220 and a court fee of AED 262.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT UAE MARRIAGE LAWS?
Read our guide to UAE marriage law to learn all you need to know.
WHICH WEDDING PLANNERS ARE THE MOST POPULAR IN DUBAI?
Here’s a list of the best wedding planners in Dubai to help make your special day even more unforgettable.
That brings us to the end of our tour to the 24 hour marriage service. The process is straightforward, and non-Muslim foreign residents can get their marriage certificate in a single day.