The Dubai Water and Energy Authority (DEWA) is in charge of delivering water and electricity to the emirate’s residential and business organizations. You would have a DEWA account whether you live in an apartment or a mansion in Dubai. To prevent financial consequences, it is important to be informed of the DEWA disconnection process while moving out of the city or changing dwellings.
How do you approach the situation? Continue reading to learn more.
A FULL GUIDE TO THE DEWA DISCONNECTION PROCESS
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority has grown even more customer-friendly in recent years, thanks to the digitization of its services. Most things can be done online, whether it’s paying your DEWA bill, establishing a new DEWA connection, or filing a complaint. Similarly, you may complete the DEWA disconnection process online rather of visiting a physical location.
Continue reading to find out how to deactivate your DEWA connection online.
As previously stated, DEWA deactivation can be completed either online or in person at any DEWA Customer Happiness Centre.
DEWA ONLINE DISCONNECTION
The DEWA disconnecting online method has two options: with or without login credentials.
- Those with a DEWA user ID or a UAE Pass should go to the DEWA website, choose Consumer, Deactivate electricity/water, and log in to their account.
- Enter the DEWA contract account number (ten digits) or the UAE Pass. Remember to include just the account number for which the request is being made (if you have multiple accounts).
- The following step would be to pay the overdue bill. You can pay the final DEWA bill using a credit or debit card.
- Following payment, you will choose your moving out date and provide an active contact number so that a DEWA representative can call you if necessary.
- At this point, you must also select the payment method for your DEWA security deposit return. It might be by internet banking or by check.
- When this procedure is finished, a move-out notice number will be sent to you through email or SMS. This number can be used for future formal correspondence.
On the day of departure, the supply will be turned off, and the final meter reading will be recorded.
ELECTRICITY/WATER DEACTIVATION WITHOUT LOGIN
Don’t worry if you haven’t enrolled online or if you don’t have access to your DEWA login information. There is another option!
- Go to the official website and select the Deactivation of Electricity/Water option (move-out).
- On the left-hand sidebar, there is a ‘Apply Online (without login)’ tab.
- Click here and input your DEWA contract account number of 10 digits and your DEWA premises number of 9 digits.
- Following that, you will receive an OTP (one-time password) on your registered cellphone number or email address.
- Once logged in, the procedure is the same as described above: pay the bill, choose the date of departure, and select the DEWA security deposit return option.
If your move-out date is in the future, you must pay the final bill later. Please keep in mind that the final bill will be issued within 24 hours of the chosen date and may be covered by the security deposit.
If the bill exceeds the security deposit, a new bill is issued. If the invoiced amount is less than the security deposit, any remaining funds will be reimbursed through check or online transfer.
DISCONNECTION OF DEWA ONLINE VIA THE APP
If you have an account, you may also ask for disconnection using the DEWA App. The processes are the same as those outlined previously for the official website.
DEWA DISCONNECTION PROCESS OFFLLINE
If you want to apply in person, you can use the fax number or submit the appropriate form at a DEWA Customer Happiness Centre. The following information must be provided:
- Customer Account Number
- Date of disconnection
- UAE Mobile Number
- Emirates ID
After submitting your request, you will be sent a link to pick the refund choice as well as the’move out notice number.’ As previously indicated, the process of final bill payment and potential security deposit refund is the same.
FEES FOR DEWA DEACTIVATION
The following are the DEWA disconnection fees:
- AED 100 for little meters.
- AED 300 for larger meters
- AED 10 for knowledge fee
- AED 10 is the innovation charge.
- Thukher and Sanad cardholders receive a 50% reduction on DEWA termination fees.
HOW DO YOU MOVE YOUR DEWA ACCOUNT?
To transfer your DEWA account using the online application, you must give the following information:
- The Ejari number and premises number of your new home
- Your existing home’s contract account number
- The departure date
You must also pay any overdue debts. After submitting all of the relevant information, you will be given a status tracking number. When the procedure is finished, you will receive an SMS and an email with your DEWA account information and a link to log in online.
Fill out the online form or visit the RERA-approved typing center if you are relocating through a Property Management Company. Alternatively, you can apply online through DEWA’s official website or Customer Care Centre.
Those relocating to the emirate can transfer their security deposit from their old DEWA account to the new one. If the amount of the remaining DEWA security deposit is inadequate, you will need to transfer funds to make up the difference. Once the security deposit is paid, the water and electricity will be turned on.
DUBAI ELECTRICITY AND WATER AUTHORITY CONTACT INFORMATION (DEWA)
DEWA’s contact information is as follows:
- Customer Service: +971-4-601-9999
- +971-4-601-9999 WhatsApp
Things to know
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO UNLINK A DEWA ACCOUNT?
DEWA will complete your DEWA disconnection request within 24 hours. The system should issue a final bill within 24 hours of receiving the request.
HOW CAN I END MY DEWA ACCOUNT? CAN I ALSO RECEIVE MY DEPOSIT BACK?
To terminate your DEWA account, you can use online processes or submit an in-person application. You will receive your security deposit refunded by bank transfer or check after finishing the initial process.
HOW DO I REPLACE MY DEWA?
Visit the DEWA website or one of their Customer Happiness Centres in Dubai to apply for a DEWA move-in connection. Please see our DEWA Move-In Guide for additional information.
HOW CAN I LOWER MY DEWA BILL?
By being cautious of your power and water consumption, you may lower your DEWA cost. Installing a programmable thermostat to save energy is a smart method to keep track of your consumption.
CAN I APPLY IN DUBAI FOR A TEMPORARY DEWA CONNECTION?
Through the DEWA Smart App, you may apply for a temporary DEWA connection. To begin the process, you simply fill out and submit a form on the app.
The procedure of disconnecting and transferring from DEWA is rather simple. You may finish the entire procedure from the comfort of your own home, or you can get assistance by phoning their hotline if you have any questions.