Welcome to your useful guide on getting a motorbike licence in Dubai! We will break down the steps in this guide so that you may be whizzing and zipping across Dubai’s streets in no time.
1. Who is Eligible for a Motorbike Licence?
To apply for a motorcycle licence in Dubai, you must satisfy specific conditions, including age, health, and permanent residence, among others.
The RTA has established the following conditions for applying for a motorbike licence in Dubai:
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You must be an Emirati national or hold a valid resident visa.
- You must get your eyes tested at an RTA (Road and Transport Authority) and DHA (Dubai Health Authority) certified and licensed eye testing center.
- If you hold another sort of licence, you must settle any outstanding fines before registering.
2. How Can I Get a Motorcycle Licence in Dubai?
The following 9 steps summarize the process of obtaining a motorcycle licence in Dubai:
- Open an RTA file and enroll in a driving school.
- Take an Eye Test
- Take theoretical classes.
- Try out the RTA theory test.
- Participate in hands-on yard training.
- Do the RTA yard test.
- Participate in road training
- Take the RTA’s final road test.
- Pick up your drivers licence for the UAE.
3. What Documents Are Needed for the License?
It should be noted that the particular documentation necessary may change across driving courses, so verify with your preferred institute. But, in general, you will require the following papers to enroll in a driving school:
- a copy of your passport
- a copy of your valid Dubai residency visa
- Your Emirates ID card, as well as a photocopy of both sides.
- 2 passport-sized photos
- a copy of your eye examination report
- Your sponsor’s No Objection Letter (NOC). You will require a copy of your sponsor’s passport and visa if they are an individual.
- If you have a UAE passport or are an Emirati under the age of 21, you will require a No Objection letter from your sponsor.
- Original and a copy of a motorbike driving license obtained in another country:
- The hologram on the licence must be visible.
- Valid and expired licenses are acceptable as long as they are less than ten years old.
- If your licence was not issued in English or Arabic, it must be professionally translated by a legal translation typing agency in Dubai.
4. How many training hours will you require?
You are considered a novice if you have never acquired a motorcycle licence in another country. As a result, in order to obtain your motorcycle licence, you will need to complete 20 hours of instruction.
If you hold a 2-year-old motorcycle licence from a non-exception country, you can take 10 hours of instruction to get your licence.
5. Can I exchange my foreign licence for a Dubai motorcycle licence?
If you hold a motorcycle licence from one of the RTA exemption nations, you can transfer it directly to any RTA office without taking any training classes. You will simply need to pay the costs and produce the necessary documentation.
Here’s a list of the RTA exception countries:
|Germany||Poland||United States of America|
6. How Much Does a Dubai Motor cycle Licence Cost?
For beginners, the overall average charge for getting a drivers licence at Dubai driving schools is around AED 4,000, including RTA fees.
However, the cost of obtaining a motorcycle licence in Dubai might vary based on your level of motorcycle riding expertise. This is because possessing a motorbike license from another nation reduces the number of training hours necessary.
Cost of Motorcycle licence in Dubai:
- Complete Beginner: AED 4,000
- Singapore nationals with a valid driving licence issued from Singapore: AED 1,326
- Service fees to swap motorcycle licences from exemption countries: AED 870
- Holders of motorcycle licences from non-exemption countries: AED 3,300 – 3520
7. Driving Schools that Provide Motorcycle Training Courses
There are several good driving schools in Dubai that provide Motorcycle training classes, and we have highlighted a few of them below.
Take note that most of these institutes have many branches across the city, so you may browse their locations to choose one that is close to your house or workplace. Attending your training session will be less of a headache as a result.
|Driving School||Contact Details||Price (AED)|
|Galadari Motor Driving Center||Phone: +971 (0)60 059 5956 |
|90 – 110 /hour|
|Emirates Driving Institute||Phone: +971 (0)4 263 1100|
|133 – 282 /hour|
|Excellence Driving||Phone: +971 (0)60 051 5154|
|AED 50/ class|
|Drive Dubai||Phone: +971(0)4 885 5118|
Whatsapp: +971 (0)56 511 2197
|134 – 217 /hour|
1. Can I drive a motorcycle in Dubai while also holding a drivers licence?
You cannot drive a regular car in Dubai unless your driver license has a motorcycle endorsement. To get a motorcycle driving license, you must complete a motorcycle training course and pass RTA examinations.
2. How Long Does It Take in Dubai to Obtain a Motorcycle New licence?
In general, if you take two sessions per weekend and pass all of your tests on the first try, you may earn a motorcycle license in Dubai in two months.
You’ll be zooming around Dubai’s streets like a pro in no time now that you have all the information you need to earn your two-wheeler licence! If you don’t currently own a motorcycle and want to buy one, see our guide on buying a vehicle in Dubai.
Micheal JamesMarch 24, 2023 at 7:46 am
wonderful article you have amazing writing skills.
Add a comment