The Dubai government has stated that all co-occupants residing in rental or owned residences must be registered. This order of the Dubai Land Department (DLD) applies to all homeowners, property management companies, tenants, and developers. Continue reading to discover more about the co-occupancy registration process in Dubai.
CO-OCCUPANT REGISTRATION IN DUBAI
Unmarried couples and unrelated persons can now live together in the UAE, according to a recent amendment in family rules. Following the change in the law, many individuals began to live in shared housing. This has raised concerns that those living in the same house may not be registered on Ejari.
When you register co-occupants in leased or owned homes, the Ejari or tenancy contracts in Dubai are instantly amended. This means that in a subletting arrangement, everyone’s rights will be respected.
PROCESS FOR REGISTERING EJARI CO-OCUPANTS IN DUBAI
According to a Dubai Land Department (DLD) notice, all co-occupants residing in a residential unit for a month or longer must be registered. All details should be added by the principal renter (whose name appears on the Ejari contract).
In order to register co-occupants in Dubai, follow these eight easy steps:
- Install and launch the Dubai REST APP. (If you are a new user, you must first create an account).
- Select “Individual” and enter your UAE PASS.
- To authenticate yourself, use the UAE PASS application.
- From the Dashboard, select the property where you are a tenant.
- Select Manage Co-Occupants.
- Click “Add More” to add more co-occupants.
- Enter the co-birth occupant’s date and Emirates ID, then click Verify.
- Include information on everyone who lives on the property. To remove a co-occupant, click the delete icon and then click the submit button.
Please keep in mind:
- The registration period will last two weeks, beginning September 23, 2022.
- All family members and any co-occupants (such as domestic workers) must be included.
- If the UAE Pass is not accessible, citizens can register using their Emirates ID or Residence Visa Number.
- For co-occupants who do not have an Emirates ID, a valid passport number can be utilized.
CO-OCCUPANT REGISTRATION QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE THE OTHER APPLICATIONS OF THE REST APP?
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT EJARI?
Do you want to know more about Ejari? Here’s a detailed Ejari guide that will address all of your questions.
The preceding stages are pretty straightforward. If you have all of the necessary information, registering co-occupants in Dubai will be a breeze. Keep in mind that registering co-occupants protects the rights of all parties concerned. As a result, it is in everyone’s best interests to register co-occupants in the Ejari contract in Dubai.
Add a comment