EJARI: WHAT IS it?
The Arabic term “Ejari” literally means “My Rent.” A RERA initiative, the Ejari system in Dubai was created in accordance with Law No. 26 of 2007. According to the legislation, all lease agreements for real estate in Dubai must be submitted online through the official site, a cutting-edge system designed to safeguard the interests of both landlords and renters in the area.
Making sure tenancy contracts are written into a binding legal agreement with a structure that has been approved by the government is an essential component of renting a property in Dubai.
Additionally, this mechanism formally documents the agreed-upon rents, preventing landlords in Dubai from arbitrarily raising the price when it comes time to renew the leasing agreement. Tenants should take this opportunity to assess whether or not they are content with their present arrangement.
PRIMARY ADVANTAGES OF THE EJARI SYSTEM
The Ejari system has a number of advantages besides ensuring the transparency and clarity of all rental transactions in the emirate:
- By obtaining historical data, a tenant may more easily conduct the necessary background investigation on the landlord and the rental unit in order to better understand the agreements they are entering.
- There is no tolerance for fraud or document tampering by either the landlord or the tenant, which again makes things clear if there is ever a dispute.
- It helps in putting a stop to shady real estate practices and unlawful housing.
- The system makes sure that landlords and tenants get along well.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR EJARI IN DUBAI: EJARI REGISTRATION
There are two ways to sign up. You may either do it online using the Dubai Rest app or the Ejari web, or you can visit any of the Ejari-approved facilities.
Also take notice that anyone living with you for a month or longer, including family members, must register. According to a recent DLD notification, the primary tenant must include details about every additional resident. Using the REST App, you may register co-occupants in Dubai.
TRUSTEE CENTRES FOR REAL ESTATE SERVICES
Here’s how to register your tenancy agreement with Dubai’s real estate service trustee offices or typing centres in Dubai.
- Visit one of the locations in your area.
- Upload the required documentation.
- Entering the transaction data will cause it to be verified and authorized by the system.
- Cover the costs.
- receives the contract as well as the certificate of contract registration.
Documents ARE NEEDED
You must provide the following paperwork when submitting an application through one of the centers:
- a tenancy agreement
- a copy of the tenant’s power of attorney (if applicable), Emirates ID, passport, or commercial license
- a letter specifying the meter number and coming from the landlord (if there are shared electricity meters)
- An assurance of the data’s veracity (if registered through real estate services trustees)
- Received the security deposit
- Commercial properties trade license
OVER THE ONLINE PORTALS
You can utilize any of the following platforms to register Ejari online:
- Ejari system (Dubai Land Department’s website
- Dubai REST App
- Dubai Now App
DUBAI REST APP REGISTRATION
Through the Dubai REST app, tenants may register their tenancy agreements. Below is the registration procedure.
- Get the Dubai REST app now.
- Visit the “Services” section.
- Choose RERA
- Select the “Register Ejari Contract” option.
- Complete the necessary fields.
- the files online, then submit
FEES FOR EJARI REGISTRATION
The total cost to register using the app is AED 175.
- For the registration, pay AED 155. (excluding VAT)
- Knowledge fee of AED 10
- Innovation charge of AED 10
While it costs a total of AED 239.75 to register with the real estate services trustees centers.
- AED 219.75 (Including VAT)
- Knowledge fee of AED 10
- Innovation charge of AED 10
WHY IS AN EJARI CONTRACT REQUIRED?
You must do an Ejari registration each time you sign a new tenancy agreement in Dubai. Not just by the RERA, but for a number of other related procedures as well, this is a condition that must be met. Here are a few things that a certificate does not permit.
- applications for new residence permits and extensions
- obtaining a phone, television, or internet connection
- Getting a business license
- hiring domestic help
- obtaining a liquor license
- water and electricity connections
frequently asked questions
WHO IS CHARGED WITH REGISTERING EJARI?
DOWNLOADING AN EJARI CERTIFICATE HOW?
An Ejari certificate may be downloaded here:
- Go to dubailand.gov.ae.
- Add a “DEWA Premise Number” or “Municipality Number” after your contact information.
- Choose “Download PDF”
WHAT DO EJARI NUMBERS MEAN?
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR REnewing THE EJARI AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO SO?
Every time you renew the tenancy agreement for your Dubai apartment or villa rental, which is often once a year, you must renew your ejari. By providing all the necessary Ejari renewal documentation, you may renew the contract online.
If the prior contracts have not yet been registered, it is not permissible to register with Ejari in accordance with current RERA laws. Therefore, you must first register any prior tenancy agreements with Ejari if you didn’t already.
DO TENANTS HAVE THE RIGHT TO SELF-REGISTER THE CONTRACT?
Ejari accounts can only be opened by landlords, their agents, property management companies, and their staff:
- You must attend a required 1-day training session at RERA if you are a landlord or estate agency applying for an Ejari account.
- You must contact the Dubai Land Department and complete registration for an Ejari account after getting this training certificate.
- Following the course, RERA will activate your account and send your username and password to you via email within 2 working days.
HOW DO I END A CONTRACT WITH EJARI?
As soon as your tenant vacates, you should cancel the Ejari. The landowner is in charge of this. According to RERA law, a property should only have one registration. The next tenant cannot register if the prior Ejari has not been revoked. Here is how a landlord in Dubai can revoke Ejari.
Add a comment