The Ejari tenancy agreement is a crucial and essential component of renting real estate in Dubai. However, for those who have never done it before, enrolling for Ejari online may seem difficult and time-consuming. For this reason, we have put together a thorough instruction on how to quickly and easily validate a tenancy contract in Dubai using the Dubai REST app or the official Ejari website.
WHAT IS EJARI?
The Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) has launched a program called Ejari, which is Arabic for “my rent,” to control Dubai’s rental market and tenancy agreements. The 2010 initiative mandates the registration of all rental and rental agreements for real estate in Dubai on the cutting-edge Ejari Dubai platform.
All parties to the tenancy agreement are given protection under the Ejari system. Your rental agreement’s legality and openness are ensured by the Ejari tenancy contract. If a rental disagreement arises and you need to, say, challenge an unjust rent increase in Dubai, the Ejari certificate is also a must.
A unique barcode known as an Ejari number will be assigned after you register your Ejari online or at one of the authorized Ejari centers. It is definitely necessary to provide an authentic Ejari Dubai contract while applying for:
- Connection to water and electricity (DEWA)
- Internet and phone connectivity
- Getting business permits
- Visas, residences, and other issues
The Ejari tenancy contract in Dubai is attested by the Ejari Dubai certificate. For any of the aforementioned objectives, a copy of your Ejari certificate must be submitted. Anytime it is necessary, Ejari tenancy contract attestation in Dubai may be produced online from the official website.
Online registration and renewal for EJARI
Normally, the landlord or their real estate agency handles the procedure of registering or renewing the Ejari tenancy contract and related expenses. Here is all the information you require in order to register Ejari online.
Channels of Service for EJARI Online Registration
The government has introduced a number of service channels to make the Ejari online registration and renewal procedure simpler. Here is a list of all the service avenues you may use to submit an online Ejari application.
- Dubai REST App
- Dubai Now App
- Website of the Dubai Land Department (Ejari system)
- Centers for Real Estate Service Trustees
WHO CAN APPLY ONLINE FOR EJARI?
On the official Ejari website, an account must be created in order to utilize the online system for registering Ejari. On the official website, only the following individuals are permitted to register for an Ejari account:
- The property owners or their agents
- Property management firms that the landlord has appointed
- Representatives of the tenant and them
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ONLINE EJARI REGISTRATION
Need to sign up for Ejari online? The following documents must be scanned and uploaded for Ejari.
- Property owner’s passport
- Emirates tenant identification
- Renting out the property’s title deed
- original unified tenancy agreement
It’s recommended to ask your real estate agent whether there are any other requirements for online registration aside from these. The following documents can also be required by Ejari:
- original unified tenancy agreement
- The Emirates ID of the applicant
- When a power of attorney is assigned, the number of the power of attorney must be included without being enclosed (for those issued in Dubai)
- a power of attorney contained for those issued in Emirates besides Dubai
HOW TO Register
The process is really simple if you wish to register Ejari online. They only need to:
- Visit Dubai REST or the official Ejari website.
- Open an Ejari account.
- Complete the form and provide any necessary documentation.
- Send the application electronically after paying the fees.
- An application is received and examined by the concerned employee.
- If the request is granted, the contract registration certificate is delivered by email.
FEES FOR ONLINE EJARI REGISTRATION
Online Ejari registration costs AED 155, VAT excluded.
- The Knowledge Fee is AED 10
- The innovation cost is AED 10.
Every time your rental agreement has to be renewed, you must also renew Ejari online. The AED 155 renewal charge for Ejari online also includes VAT.
TYPING CENTRES EJARI
Tenants and landlords can also visit the authorized Ejari typing centers in Dubai with the necessary documentation in addition to registering online. The locations of approved Ejari centers are in
- Al Barsha Mall
- Al Manara Centre
- Oud Metha
- Port Saeed
The Ejari typing centers are open from Saturday through Thursday during regular business hours.
- Ejari desk hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Different Ejari center sites could operate throughout various hours. Prior to your intended visit, it is usually preferable to confirm the times.
NUMBER OF CONTACT FOR EJARI
Additional queries? You can reach the government representatives through the Dubai Land Department (DLD).
- Call us at +971-800-4488.
- Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS EJARI REQUIRED?
Yes, Ejari registration is required under Law 26 of 2007 by RERA. The Ejari system creates all rental agreements in a format that has been authorized by the government and makes them enforceable, ensuring the rights and obligations of Dubai tenants and landlords.
WHAT IS THE EJARI ONLINE RENEWAL PROCESS?
The procedure for renewing your Ejari online is the same as when you first registered your Ejari online. The primary change is in the service; now, rather of selecting “Registration,” you will select “Ejari Renewal” from the services menu.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO RECEIVE MY ONLINE EJARI?
Online Ejari ordering from Real Estate Services Trustees Centers takes seven minutes (excluding the waiting time). Additionally, if you apply through the application, you immediately receive Ejari.
IN DUBAI, WHO PAYS FOR EJARI?
The tenant is typically responsible for paying the Ejari online registration costs.
EJARI: CAN I CANCEL IT?
Yes, you have the option to cancel Ejari in specific situations. You can consult our Ejari Cancellation Guide to learn how and when to cancel Ejari.
Add a comment