Several automobile companies are introducing various kinds of electric cars in the UAE in order to assist the UAE’s efforts to improve sustainability and use alternative resources. These energy-efficient automobiles are gradually replacing conventional petrol cars that use an internal combustion engine and are growing popular with motorists around the country. If you want to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle, here are some of the firms in the UAE that sell electric cars.
Until recently, few automotive manufacturers provided electric vehicles. Nevertheless, this is no longer the case. As the situation improves with each passing year, an increasing number of automotive manufacturers are investing in electric models that are both fuel-efficient and environmentally benign. These are some of the main vehicle businesses in the UAE where you may locate the greatest electric cars.
Tesla, which is well-known throughout the world for its electric vehicles and renewable energy products, was one of the first companies to launch environmentally friendly electric automobiles in the UAE. Tesla, a pioneer in automobile innovation, has a large inventory of zero-emission electric vehicles that run entirely on battery power.
Currently, four Tesla electric vehicles are available in the UAE. While Tesla’s Model S, Model X, and Model 3 have been on the market for quite some time, a newer model will be available in 2021.
The Model Y is a mid-size SUV with a load capacity of 68 cubic feet. The automobile can go up to 326 miles before needing to be recharged. The Model Y begins at AED 180k on average. If you want to buy a Tesla electric car in the UAE, you may learn more by visiting their website.
- Model S, Model X, Model 3, and Model Y are all available.
- Tesla showrooms in the UAE include The Dubai Mall and Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi.
- +971-4-521-7777 | +971-2-414-6401 (Dubai Mall) (Yas Mall)
BAYERISCHE MOTOREN WERKE AG (BMW)
Tesla is not alone in its efforts to bring electric cars to the UAE. BMW also boasts an amazing lineup of electric vehicles in the nation. The business has produced a number of electric vehicles for driving enthusiasts.
The BMW I series offers four distinct versions of electric vehicles. Nevertheless, only the high-roof hatchback BMW i3 is available in BMW’s UAE stores.
- BMW i3 is one of the available options.
- BMW showrooms in the UAE include Sheikh Zayed Road in Al Quoz 1, Dubai, and Airport Road in Abu Dhabi.
- 1-800-2462 (Al Quoz 1) | 800-269 (Airport Road)
Chevrolet is a widely recognized vehicle brand owned by General Motors. In 2017, Chevrolet introduced the Chevrolet Bolt EV, a five-door all-electric subcompact vehicle. It was the first electric vehicle to achieve an estimated distance of 520 kilometers on a single charge. According to internet rates, the starting price of the Bolt EV in the UAE is AED 168,500.
- Bolt EV is one option.
- Chevy dealerships in the UAE include Al Ittihad Road, 128-563 Al Khabaisi, Dubai.
- Contact number: +971-4-519-0000 (Road Al Ittihad)
RENAULT GROUP UAE
Renault, founded in 1899, is a French automobile company noted for its automobiles, trucks, airplanes, and auto rail vehicles. With the introduction of the energy-efficient ZOE series, the business has entered the UAE market for electric vehicles.
During the annual What Car? awards presentation, the modern-looking car with a space-efficient design was named Best Compact Electric Car 2020.
ZOE is offered in two grades at the moment: Life and Intens. Intens features a hands-free smart card and telephone system, whilst Life has an Isofix kid attachment system and daytime running lights. Life has a starting price of AED 137,500. For Intens, you may get a quotation from Renault.
- ZOE series are available as options.
- Renault showrooms in the UAE include Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai and Tasjeel Auto Village in Sharjah.
- Call us at +971-4-339-3857 (Dubai) or +971-6-598-6222 (Abu Dhabi) (Sharjah)
Hyundai Motors, a Korean automobile company that has been in operation since 1967, need no introduction. It is known for producing some of the most affordable and fuel-efficient vehicles in the world.
In recent years, the firm has experienced enormous expansion. Hyundai UAE offers three distinct electric vehicle models. Buyers can pick between the KONA, IONIQ, and NEXO.
The Hyundai electric cars in the UAE are powered by a Lithium-ion polymer battery, allowing them to sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in seconds!
- KONA Electric, IONIQ Electric, and NEXO are available as options.
- Hyundai showrooms in the UAE include Al Ittihad Road in Deira, Dubai, and Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road in Sharjah.
- +971-4-605-6666 | +971-6-509-5777 (Dubai) (Sharjah)
Ford, the well-known American multinational automobile giant, does not require an introduction, but its astounding entry into the world of electric vehicles does. In the UAE, the business recently revealed an all-electric Mustang Mach-E. It is estimated to go between 248 and 379 kilometers on a single charge.
The automobile utilizes magnet synchronous motors that provide peak torque in less than 0.5 seconds! Mach-smooth E’s motors and 18-inch alloy wheels will make you want to go back behind the wheel! This electric vehicle is not yet available in the UAE, but it is scheduled to come shortly.
- Mustang Mach-E is an option (coming soon)
- Ford showrooms in the UAE include 697 Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai and Jebel Ali Freezone Extension, South Left Side, Close Agility Warehouse in Abu Dhabi.
- Phone: 8000-444-1066
Nissan, based in Yokohama, Japan, is a well-known automobile manufacturer. It has internationally brought out the Nissan Leaf, an eco-friendly, innovative, and pleasant electric vehicle.
The Nissan electric car in the UAE has a trademark floating roof as well as an unique e-Pedal that allows you to brake or accelerate with just one pedal. It will soon be available in the UAE market!
- Nissan Leaf is one of the available options (Coming Soon)
- Nissan showrooms in the UAE include Al Ittihad Road in Dubai.
- Contact number: +971-4-295-2222
Porsche, an upscale automobile brand, has also joined the UAE electric car market with the beautiful Taycan Series. This all-electric vehicle has a range of up to 484 kilometers on a single charge.
The car’s most noteworthy feature is the over boost, which provides a thrilling driving experience. When the vehicle reaches 560 kW, the overboost mode is activated, allowing the motors to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in under 2.8 seconds.
- Taycan Series are available.
- Porsche showrooms in the UAE are many, including Sharjah’s Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road
- Contact number: +971-6-512-5550
Jaguar has also entered the electric vehicle industry with their high-performance I-Pace electric SUV. The I-Pace maintains the brand’s opulent appearance with a highly aerodynamic and sleek design that enhances its performance.
The I-Pace accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds. The price of this all-electric SUV begins at AED 323,000.
- Jaguar I-Pace is one of the vehicles available.
- Jaguar showrooms in the UAE include Sheikh Zayed Road, between the third and fourth interchanges in Dubai.
- Contact number: +971-4-403-7070
Please keep in mind that the price of an electric car in the UAE varies depending on the model. It is preferable to visit the showrooms of the individual automotive manufacturers to get the precise price.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DRIVING ELECTRIC IN THE UAE?
If you decide to buy an electric car in the UAE, consider the following advantages:
- Electric vehicles require minimal upkeep.
- EVs are less expensive to operate and maintain.
- They have a higher torque and are more technologically linked.
- They are more responsive than traditional automobiles.
HOW MUCH DOES CHARGING AN ELECTRIC CAR COST IN THE UAE?
It is determined by the capacity of the battery. The cost was 29 Fills per kWh as of November 2020. (kilowatt hour).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DRIVING ELECTRIC IN THE UAE?
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has extended the period of the EV Green Charger Programme in an effort to boost the usage of electric vehicles. Motorists may charge their vehicles for free at DEWA charging stations until December 31, 2021. To use this facility, you must first register.
IS THE UAE PROMOTING ELECTRIC CARS?
If you’re asking, “What does the UAE government think about electric cars?” the answer is that the country is an outspoken supporter of programs that promote its goal of clean, green energy:
- In 2017, the UAE inked a contract with Tesla to add 200 vehicles to the fleet of Dubai Taxi Company. This agreement was part of Dubai’s ambition to make 25% of all transit journeys autonomous by 2030.
- EV charging facilities are increasingly prevalent in Dubai. There are already around 200 EV charging stations in Dubai that vehicles may use by scanning a QR code.
That concludes our list of electric automobiles available in the UAE. With automakers releasing new models each year, the number of electric vehicles on the road is steadily increasing across the country.
Add a comment