As part of the UAE’s attempts at enacting sustainable measures, electric vehicles (EVs) seem to be experiencing a breakthrough. The availability of several electric car charging stations in Dubai is a great advantage of owning those vehicles. Our guide covers everything from the benefits of electric vehicles to the locations of charging stations around the emirate.
What isn’t to enjoy about electric cars? Let’s have a look at some of the main advantages.
- Cheaper to maintain: Electric car owners benefit from minimal operating expenses.
- Reduced Pollution: Electric automobiles emit no carbon emissions, and the air quality benefits as a result. They are also quieter than gas or petrol-powered vehicles.
- Eliminate Fuel Consumption: By turning electric, EV owners won’t have to worry about rising gas or petrol prices.
- Government incentives: The government has provided several perks to encourage the adoption of electric vehicles.
The EV Green Charger Program was launched by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s goal of sustainable transportation in Dubai is supported by this step. The major goal of the move is to meet the emirate’s goals of lowering carbon emissions. Such timely actions to assist ecologically efficient electric vehicles in Dubai have already begun to bear fruit.
The green movement in Dubai has resulted in the establishment of various EV charging stations around the emirate.
Airports, government hospitals, shopping malls, gas stations, business offices, clinics, residential complexes, and other public spaces are examples.
The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority has installed four different types of charging stations for electric cars across the city.
- Rapid Chargers: Depending on the kind of battery and car, these chargers can offer an 80% charge in 20 to 45 minutes. They are typically seen in gas stations around Dubai.
- DEWA’s first Ultra-Fast EV Green Charger was unveiled at Expo 2020, notably at the ENOC station.
- Public Chargers: Depending on the battery and automobile type, public chargers can deliver a full charge in 2 to 4 hours.
- Wall Box Chargers: A complete charge in a Wall Box charger takes two to four hours, depending on the battery capacity and kind of electric car.
Automobile owners may pay for charging electric vehicles in Dubai with their DEWA Green Charger Card. How will you get your EV Green Charger Card? Just sign up for this service on the DEWA website or app. You will receive your card within three working days after successfully registering.
On that topic, the DEWA website lists EV public car charging stations in Dubai.
|DIFC, Gate Avenue- 02||10:00 am – 08:00 pm|
|Zabeel Health Centre||07:30 am – 09:00 pm|
|Mercato Shopping Mall||10:00 am to 10:00 pm (Saturday to Friday)|
|City Walk 1||Open 24-hours|
|Wasl Kifaf Development, Tower 2||Open 24-hours|
|Dubai Police HQ||Open 24-hours|
|Dubai Maritime City||Open 24-hours|
|Dubai Digital Park||07:00 am to 02:00 am|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis Seven Towers||Open 24-hours|
|Nad Al Sheba Park||Open 24-hours|
DEWA Quick Chargers are generally found in gas stations around the emirate. Here’s a list of EV charging stations in Dubai, along with contact information if you need additional help.
|ENOC Petrol Station – Warqa 4||+971-4-333-6140|
|ENOC Petrol Station – Jebel Ali||+971-50-553-1903|
|ENOC Petrol Station – Wadi Al Safa||+971-4-327-1026|
|ENOC Petrol Station – Dubai Internet City||+971-4-394-0551|
|ENOC Petrol Station – Dubai Investments Park||+971-4-885-6329|
|EPPCO Petrol Station – Jebel Ali||+971-50-451-9836|
|ENOC Petrol Station – Zabeekl||+971-4-885-6329|
These are the sites where ChargeMap lists electric car charging stations in Dubai.
- City Center Deira
- Element Meisam (Dubai Production City)
- Burj Al Arab
- Crown Plaza Dubai Deira
- The Oberoi Dubai
- Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
- Emirates Towers
Visit the ChargeMap and DEWA websites for a list of public charging stations in Dubai (such as green charging stations in Dubai) as well as information on charging cards.
WHERE CAN YOU CHARGE AN ELECTRIC CAR IN DUBAI?
The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority has established around 300 charging stations throughout the city. The locations of Dubai’s electric car charging stations are documented on a variety of electronic platforms, including the DEWA app, the DEWA official website, and Google Maps.
HOW LONG DOES CHARGING AN ELECTRIC CAR TAKE?
Charging an EV battery might take anything from two to four hours. The duration is determined on the vehicle’s manufacture and battery capacity.
WHERE CAN I SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR EV GREEN CHARGER CARD SERVICES?
A DEWA EV Green Charger Card may be used to pay at electric car charging stations in Dubai. You may apply for one on the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority’s official website.
- Applicants can utilize the website to fix these difficulties as well.
- Replace an EV Green Charger Card that has been destroyed or misplaced.
- Deactivate a gift card.
- Enquire about various EV Green Charger Card services.
- See the progress of their application.
You may obtain the card by calling the Customer Support Center at +971-4-601-9999.
Take in mind that you must be a DEWA registered user to apply for this service. If you meet the requirements and provide the necessary paperwork, you can establish a DEWA account in Dubai online.
HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO PAY?
It is determined by the state of your vehicle’s battery and general use. In the case of home charging stations, your power consumption is added to your DEWA account at the usual residential rate.
Commercial registered users, such as semi-government, government, and private organizations, pay different fees.
If your car does not operate on electricity, understanding about the Petrol stations in Dubai might be beneficial.
IN THE UAE, WHAT TYPES OF ELECTRIC CARS ARE AVAILABLE?
Are you considering purchasing an electric car in the country? Read our in-depth guide to electric cars in the UAE.
Add a comment